Preparing the Offer
When you view a property on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. In fact, you may worry that the opportunity will somehow slip through your fingers. Don’t be. You’ve got a professional by your side. Me. My job, as your real estate broker, is to ensure you get that property – and at a price that works for you.
The first step is researching the market and preparing the Offer. This is the document I present to the seller that basically states the price you’re offering, as well as any conditions.
The price we go in with is critical. You want it to reflect the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously. On the other hand, you don’t want to go in too high and risk overpaying for it.
Don’t worry. I know how to prepare a winning offer and get you the property at the lowest possible price. In fact, I look after your interests throughout the entire process.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a property, here’s what typically happens:
- I’ll recommend a price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller, without over-paying.
- Obviously, sellers prefer offers that have no conditions. However, I may suggest a condition, such as passing a professional inspection, be included for your protection. We’ll talk about that.
- I’ll prepare the necessary documents and present your offer to the seller and his or her real estate agent personally.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, I’ll work with the seller’s agent, skillfully and transparently negotiating on your behalf to make a deal.
- I’ll communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark when you work with me.
- Once the seller agrees to a deal, I’ll help lead you through removal of any conditions and closing the deal. Then, the property is yours. Congratulations!
I realize that making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It doesn’t have to be. That’s the advantage of selecting a real estate broker who, like me, puts clients first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing you have an professional on your side… someone who knows how to get that investment for you.
Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the form below or call or email me.